Thursday, September 5, 2019

Let's Talk Brussel Sprouts

I have never been a fan of these mini cabbages.  Oh I've eaten them a time or two because I was at some friends house and they served them.  Yes, I freely admit that while I'm a picky eater, I have swallowed dishes I don't like, to be polite.  See I was raised to try some of everything that was put in front of me.  Mom called it a courtesy bite.

A couple years ago for Father's Day, we had dinner at my brother's house and he served Brussel sprouts.  My mother hated them as much as I do.  (unfortunately she's gone now.)  My brother, who has a wicked sense of humor, told my mom that she had to take a courtesy bite of the Brussel sprouts.  Below is my mother's response.



Now every time I see a plate of Brussel sprouts, I think of my mom.  I still don't like the things, but I think of her.  

 

1 comment:

  1. I love brussel sprouts but I know a lot more people that don't. Your mother's response is funny.🙂

    ReplyDelete