Saturday, September 7, 2019

The Olives are Taking Over the World

Okay.  I have to tell you that in no way, shape or form do I like olives.  In fact I believe they are a contamination food.  Growing up my family all loved olives, so they always got them on the pizza, telling me that I could pick them off.  But even then, I could still taste them on the pizza because their juice left the taste inn the rest of the pizza. That's what olives do.  They take over everything.

I have a husband who adores olives, so much so that I swear the things are staging a coup and trying to take over the pantry.


There is only one person in the house that eats olives.  My husband Dominic.  And yet there are enough olives to keep Italy in business for years... I swear.  The stack of olive cans goes all the way to the back of the pantry.  Like I said, I swear the black and green olives or as I call them 'ovoids of death' are trying to take over.  The pickles are scares and the cocktail onions are holding on by a thread, trying to keep their few inches of cupboard space.    Even the pasta has been pushed to the back and are shaking in their packages.  

I'm not quite certain how to repel this invasion.  My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I know... I just know the dang things are trying to take over.  And my taste buds are scared.  



3 comments:

  1. When we first got together (45 years ago...), my husband liked green olives but not black olives and I loved black olives but not green. I was able to add black olives to his enjoy list but I'm afraid I haven't been able to develop a taste for green ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Andrew, you won't find any olives in my house.🎵🎵🎵

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Dominic. I love all olives. I'll eat them alone or in food. I also cook with olive oil because it doesn't leave an aftertaste on food like the other cooking oils do. Nom Nom!��

    ReplyDelete