Monday, January 7, 2019

Bananas - Only Good for Sex Ed Class

I have to tell you that I hate bananas with a passion and on all levels.  I swear the only good use for them is in sex-ed class to demonstrate how to put on a condom.  The texture, the taste, the smell, all of it.  The first time my husband cooked me dinner, he served be a beautiful dessert filled with bananas.    I managed to eat it because I was being polite, but I avoided the bananas themselves as much as possible.  Dominic teases me about that all the time to this very day.   He and I can laugh about it now, but at the time the menu was such that I really was wondering if I was going to leave hungrier than when I arrived.


A few years ago, a friend found out about my banana thing as she calls it and BA Tortuga thought it was funny.  See I told her how much I hated them and that when you add bananas to fruit salad, you can't just pick them out because they taint the entire salad and make to taste banana-y.  (Yuk as far as I'm concerned.  She thought it was a hoot and then the packages started.  I really wish I knew what makes me react this way.  I love most all other fruit, but this one I can't stand.


Every year for Christmas and my birthday, she sends me something with bananas on it.  I have gotten squeaky bananas, stuffed bananas, banana plates and god knows what else.  But the best item she ever found is a banana stained glass panel.  That particular gem she sent me for my birthday this year.

The only thing I wonder, read dread, is what she's going to come up with next.  Dominic just laughs at me and the gifts as they come.


1 comment: